ROADWAY DESIGN ENGINEER
Perform engineering design for major roadway designs, roadway drainage, traffic, etc.
Manage and oversee the work of junior project engineer(s) and technician(s) in preparing plans for roadway and drainage design work using TxDOT and/or ASSHTO standards.
Responsible for preparing and overseeing the preparation of plans, specifications, and estimates.
Design elements will consist of horizontal and vertical geometry, roadway sections, intersection layouts, and sign distance determination, interchange layouts, signing and pavement marking plans, traffic control plans, roadway drainage, temporary erosion control, and right of way plans.
Proficient in preparing scopes, schedules, budgets, management of junior staff, and client communication.
Seal and signature as a PE; ensuring compliance with all applicable codes, regulations and ordinances.
• B.S. degree in Civil Engineering
• Texas P.E.
• 20+ years experience having performed geometric design of roadways, preparing plans and specifications and computing quantities and design construction estimates
• 15+ years of managerial and process controls (scheduling, cost engineering and estimates etc.)
• Extensive knowledge of and experience with AASJTO Green Book, TxDOT Roadway Design Manual, TxDOT Roadside Design Guide, TxDOT Hydraulic Manual, and Texas MUTCD
• Proficiency with Microstation and Geopak
• Successful candidate must be capable to act as a supervisory engineer or deputy to Project Manager and work independently with minimal guidance
Please send resume to Heath Woods, P.E. at firstname.lastname@example.org
RELAY PROTECTION AND CONTROL ENGINEER
Perform engineering and design duties which require application of engineering principles and knowledge of substation design. Duties and responsibilities include:
• Create/modify design documents and drawings for a project, including one-lines, three-lines, control schematics and wiring diagrams, relay panel arrangements and specifications, conduit and cable sizing/routing, and generating bills of material
• Design auxiliary AC and DC power systems
• Develop SCADA system and communications interfaces
• Work with project team to fully develop system integration of protection, control, and monitoring systems
• Perform basic calculations such as relay burden, voltage drop, and short circuit calculations
• Effectively communicate and coordinate project activities with manager, client, and others as needed
• Proficient in preparing scopes, schedules, and budgets, and insure that schedules and budgets are met
• Responsible for preparing plans, specifications, and estimates
• Bring potential project-related problems and possible solutions to the attention of the responsible party
• Provide leadership, guidance, and instruction to less experienced staff members
• B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in relay protection and control design of high voltage (15-345kV) substations including:
o Knowledge of protection principles and practices for transmission lines, distribution feeders, and major substation equipment
o Strong knowledge of AC/DC fundamentals, including understanding of three-phase power systems
o Knowledge and understanding of substation components and their functions
o Knowledge of design documents and drawings necessary to complete a substation protection and control design project
o Knowledge of relevant codes and standards such as IEEE, ANSI, NESC, NEC, and NEMA
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to work closely with other engineering and design team members to coordinate overall design package and requirements
• Take personal responsibility for the quality and accuracy of work product
• Excellent interpersonal skills as well as verbal and written communications skills
• Registered Professional Engineer in the state of Texas
• Knowledge of common word processing, spreadsheet, and email software
• Experience in relay coordination, setting microprocessor based relays, electric system modeling, and conducting short-circuit studies
• Working knowledge of applicable NERC Reliability Standards
• Able to simultaneously manage multiple tasks
• Work independently or in a team environment
Please send resume to Larry D. Grimm, P.E. at email@example.com
Responsible for substation detailed physical design for high voltage substation projects through 345kV. Candidate will assist in preparing and developing the design deliverables for electric substation projects, including physical conceptual layouts, general arrangements, electrical schematics, detailed physical layouts, and placement of substation equipment.
Candidate will be required to work closely with other engineering and design team members to develop overall design package. Responsible for handling multiple projects and providing a detailed design package that complies with applicable substation engineering design standards and all safety codes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop detailed substation layouts/elevations
• Complete complex drawing packages with minimal supervision
• Thorough and accurate documentation, correspondence, calculations, drawings, and sketches
• Maintain accurate records and files
• Supports the company’s goals and represents the company positively and professionally
• Update engineers and manager with job completion estimates and status
• Minimum of five (5) years of electrical substation physical design experience
• Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or MicroStation, with particular experience using Bentley Substation Software
• Associates Degree in Drafting and Design Technology a plus
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Experience in the electric utility industry
• Knowledge of electrical drawing symbols and their purpose
• Ability to read one-line and three-line substation drawings
• Ability to develop plan view and elevation drawings from one-line and three-line diagrams
• Solid understanding of design drafting practices and engineering systems utilized in the electric utility industry
• Work independently
• Team oriented
• Customer oriented
• Ability to manage multiple tasks
Please send resume to Larry D. Grimm, P.E. at firstname.lastname@example.org
POWER LINE DESIGN STAKER
Responsible for surveying, staking and designing electrical distribution lines in accordance with the client’s specifications and standards. Some key responsibilities include:
• Completing detailed field notes/staking sheets and computer computations
• Working with Clients to ensure proper placement of power lines
Candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• High school diploma or equivalent and current Texas Driver’s License
• Preferably three (3) year’s experience in line design and staking
• Desirable to have completed & documented structured training on relative topics including distribution line design calculations, NESC, framing units, construction practices, AutoCAD drafting
• Must be able to travel
• Preferably experience in GPS survey
Email resume to: email@example.com Fax resume to: 830-228-4198.