Electric Distribution Design Trainee
M&S Engineering, LLC seeks qualified candidates as an entry level position for the Electric Distribution Designer. This trainee position will learn to perform electric distribution field staking and design of distribution facilities and in accordance to the standards for construction and the client’s specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Must be energetic, self-motivated and able to work independently or as a team.
- Must take personal responsibility for the quality and accuracy of work product.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient with MS Outlook and working knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word
- Ability to work outdoors with occasional extended hours.
- Willing to travel and work within the state of Texas.
- Must possess a High school diploma or equivalent, ability to pass background check and drug screening and possess a current Texas Driver’s License with an insurable driving record.
- Carry instruments, field equipment, hammers, stakes, lathes, etc. for the purpose of laying out staking for Electric Distribution construction designs.
- Use a machete, brush hook or chain saw to cut or clear brush for the purpose of staking distribution facilities.
- Familiarity with distribution framing and components, use of electronic design tools, distribution line design calculations, line staking equipment, construction practices and construction safety guidelines is a plus.
- Familiarity with collection and interpretation of property deed information, NESC and its applications to electric distribution line design and permit acquisition is a plus.
- Familiarity with surveying techniques for determining property boundaries, ROW information and gathering of geospatial points is a plus.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Employer paid health insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Paid Holidays
- Earned Vacation Time
About M&S Engineering
M&S Engineering is a full-service engineering firm headquartered in Spring Branch, Texas. M&S employs more than 130 professionals in four locations who are adept in the areas of civil, electrical, and subsurface utility engineering, surveying, and hydrology. In addition, designers in the fields of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, structural, roadways, land development, and reservoirs contribute to the extensive array of services M&S provides its clients.