Electric Distribution Designer
M&S Engineering, LLC seeks qualified electric distribution designers for electronic design of facilities, field analysis and staking in accordance with the construction standards and specifications of the client.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Ability to recognize electric distribution framing and components for field surveys of existing facilities to initiate designs for construction or reconstruction of both overhead and underground distribution facilities.
- Ability to use an electronic design tool to prepare job cost estimates, work instructions and construction sketches as detailed by client.
- Ability to perform distribution line design calculations for structure loading, guying, geometric angle calculations, conductor sag interpretation, unitized framing design, construction practices and construction safety guidelines.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be energetic, self-motivated and able to work independently or as a team.
- Must take personal responsibility for the quality and accuracy of work product.
- Utilize transits, measurement devices, level rod, and other surveying equipment for the purpose staking overhead and underground distribution facilities.
- Carry instruments, field equipment, hammers, stakes, lathes, etc. for the purpose of laying out staking for Electric Distribution construction designs.
- Use a machete, brush hook or chain saw to cut or clear brush for the purpose of staking distribution facilities.
- Ability to work outdoors with occasional extended hours.
- Willing to travel and work within the state of Texas.
- Must possess a High school diploma or equivalent, ability to pass background check and drug screening and possess a current Texas Driver’s License with an insurable driving record.
- Prefer three (3) years of experience with electric distribution design and electronic estimation.
- Prefer the ability to interpret property line boundary, topographic surveys, as-built surveys, construction staking, ROW staking and collection of geospatial points.
- Prefer the ability to research and collect property deed information at record facilities for the evaluation of existing or proposed easements, establish ownership information and definition of property boundaries.
- Familiarity with the NESC and its applications to electric distribution line design.
- Familiarity with the procedures for permit acquisition involving TxDOT, City, County, State and Federal applications.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Employer paid health insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Paid Holidays
- Earned Vacation Time
About M&S Engineering
M&S Engineering is a full-service engineering firm headquartered in Spring Branch, Texas. M&S employs more than 130 professionals in four locations who are adept in the areas of civil, electrical, and subsurface utility engineering, surveying, and hydrology. In addition, designers in the fields of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, structural, roadways, land development, and reservoirs contribute to the extensive array of services M&S provides its clients.