Lead Civil Engineer / Project Manager
M&S Engineering, LLC is seeking a qualified and innovative Lead Civil Engineer/Project Manager at our Woodlands, Texas location to design, develop and construct a huge range of projects of the physically and naturally built environment from conception through to completion. This position will be accountable for all aspects of the Civil Department at the location, including personnel, business development, budgeting, and project management.
- Manage a wide range of projects from small to large (commercial, residential, industrial)
- Must have knowledge of state and local development and permitting processes
- Manage a team of engineers, designers, and drafters
- Develop and enhance client relationships and earn repeat business
- Utilize and demonstrate business acumen
- Oversee and mentor staff and liaise with a variety of stakeholders
- Review and ensure quality designs are submitted to the clients
- Monitor progress and project status
- Manage budgets
- Comply with guidelines and regulations including permits, safety, etc. and deliver technical files and other technical documentation as required
- Proven work experience and/or understanding of all aspects in the field of civil engineering
- Excellent knowledge of design and visualizations software such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and/or REVIT
- Project management and supervision skills is required with mid to senior level management experience preferred
- Experience in start-up and business development is desired
- Experience in multiple stage development, feasibility studies, schematic development, environmental (NEPA), design, (PS&E), and right-of-way acquisition is desired.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Effectively communicate with clients at all levels of the organization, external agencies, municipalities, utility companies, counties, toll road authorities, TX DOT, etc.
- Current PE License is required
- Minimum of 10 years of project management experience in Civil Engineering
- BS/MA in Civil Engineering
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Employer paid health insurance
- 401k retirement plan with employer match
- Paid holidays
- Earned vacation time
About M&S Engineering
M&S Engineering is a full-service engineering firm headquartered in Spring Branch, Texas. M&S employs more than 130 professionals in four locations who are adept in the areas of civil, electrical, and subsurface utility engineering, surveying, and hydrology. In addition, designers in the fields of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, structural, roadways, land development, and reservoirs contribute to the extensive array of services M&S provides its clients.