Senior Protection and Control Technician
M&S Power Services, LLC is seeking a qualified Senior Protection and Control Technician at our Spring Branch, Texas location.
Provide technical expertise to lead a team to install, maintain, test, adjust, troubleshoot and repair relay and control equipment in electrical substations of all voltages. Equipment includes, but is not limited to electromechanical, solid state and microprocessor protective relays, instrument transformers, current transformers, metering equipment, digital fault recorders, SCADA and controls to all substation equipment including breakers, transformers, regulators, capacitors, reactors and all associated equipment. Comply with all company safety rules and procedures. Be responsible for tools, test equipment and vehicles.
- High school diploma or GED is required, degree preferred but not required.
- 8 – 10 of work experience at a professional level in electrical substation relay and controls work related to testing and commissioning which demonstrates a progressive development of competence.
- Expert in diagnostic testing and analysis of test results on protection and control equipment.
- Expert with complex protective relay schemes in substations and power plants.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to lead, coach and train other relay technicians.
- Exercises good communication, negotiation, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing technology.
- Ability to work outside in an electrical substation environment, exposure to heat and cold, climbing stairs and ladders, lifting up to 50 pounds and working in elevated areas.
- Possess and utilize excellent client relation skills.
- Ability to travel overnight to various parts of Texas and surrounding states.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record required.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and periodic, unannounced random drug tests.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background screen.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with changing priorities.
- Ability to utilize relay testing software RTS and or ProTest.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Employer paid health insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Paid Holidays
- Earned Vacation Time
- Signing Bonus
- Relocation assistance is negotiable
About M&S Power Services:
M&S Power Services provides acceptance testing, commissioning, start-up and maintenance services for all types of electrical equipment ranging from 480V to 500kV. M & S Power Services field engineers and technicians provide these services to utilities, commercial, industrial and renewable energy clients throughout the Southwest United States.
An Equal Opportunity Employer