M&S Engineering, LLC is seeking a qualified Survey Helper at our Woodlands, Texas location to provide support to surveyors and survey crew at the direction of the Survey Party Chief.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist and help surveyors in performing field surveys.
- Adjust and operate surveying instruments such as prisms, theodolites, and electronic distance-measuring equipment.
- Position and hold the vertical rods, or targets, that theodolite operators use for sighting to measure angles, distances, and elevations.
- Conduct surveys to ascertain the locations of natural features and man-made structures on the Earth’s surface, underground, and underwater using electronic distance-measuring equipment and other surveying instruments.
- Place and hold measuring tapes when electronic distance-measuring equipment is not used.
- Collect information needed to carry out new surveys using source maps, previous survey data, photographs, computer records, and other relevant information.
- Run rods for benches and cross-section elevations.
- Perform manual labor, such as cutting brush for lines, carrying stakes, rebar, and other heavy items, and stacking rods.
- Maintain equipment and vehicles used by surveying crews.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience on a survey crew.
- Able to perform well with minimal supervision in a team environment.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to operate technical and electronic equipment.
- Experience in Electrical Utility Survey is a plus.
- Knowledge of overhead and underground utilities, including power lines, is a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of total station, GPS and data collection, with the ability to adapt to new equipment and technologies is a plus.
- Ability to work outside in all seasons. This position requires both inside and outside work.
- Ability to travel overnight to various parts of Texas and surrounding states.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record required. NO EXCEPTIONS
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Employer paid health insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Paid Holidays
- Earned Vacation Time
About M&S Engineering
M&S Engineering is a full-service engineering firm headquartered in Spring Branch, Texas. M&S employs more than 130 professionals in four locations who are adept in the areas of civil, electrical, and subsurface utility engineering, surveying, and hydrology. In addition, designers in the fields of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, structural, roadways, land development, and reservoirs contribute to the extensive array of services M&S provides its clients.