Survey Party Chief
M&S Engineering, LLC is seeking a qualified Survey Party Chief at our Woodlands, Texas location to provide oversight of survey field crew and related surveying responsibilities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide day-to-day supervision of assigned survey field crew on quality and survey methodology, including training and mentoring of junior level employees.
- Coordinate with contractors to provide survey services.
- Identify controls for property lines and make the appropriate decisions regarding how to proceed with the survey.
- Gather all necessary information needed to properly conduct the survey in the most time efficient manner and assign tasks to crew members.
- Discuss work with clients, as necessary.
- Make calculations and maintain records essential to survey.
- Ensure that assigned survey truck is properly maintained.
- Maintain and inventory all assigned equipment.
- Respond appropriately to all employee performance issues of assigned survey field crew.
- Communicate with management to maximize efforts and man-hours.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Courses in mathematics and surveying.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Party Chief in the land development industry.
- Working knowledge of field design for both overhead and underground utilities is highly desired.
- Working towards or willingness to obtain RPLS certification.
- Experience in conducting easement research at courthouses is highly desired.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Civil 3D preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of residential and commercial construction stakeout procedures and practices.
- Ability to perform all aspects of data collected field fun topographic surveys, road frontage cross-section surveys and as-built surveys.
- Thorough knowledge of total station, GPS and data collection, with the ability to adapt to new equipment and technologies.
- Ability to work outside in all seasons. This position requires both inside and outside work.
- Ability to travel overnight to various parts of Texas and surrounding states.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record required. NO EXCEPTIONS
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Employer paid health insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Paid Holidays
- Earned Vacation Time
About M&S Engineering
M&S Engineering is a full-service engineering firm headquartered in Spring Branch, Texas. M&S employs more than 130 professionals in four locations who are adept in the areas of civil, electrical, and subsurface utility engineering, surveying, and hydrology. In addition, designers in the fields of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, structural, roadways, land development, and reservoirs contribute to the extensive array of services M&S provides its clients.