Survey/Distribution Field Staking Positions
Sherwood Surveying & S.U.E. and M&S Engineering are seeking energetic, motivated individuals to join our field crews to help us meet the needs of our clients. Our team of registered land surveyors and support staff offer a comprehensive range of surveying capabilities. We employ cutting edge technology and the best equipment to gather crucial information for each project.
- Utilize level rod, prism pole or tape at designated points to assist in determining location and elevations of various features
- Lay out stakes for map-making, construction land, construction Electric Transmission/Distribution lines and other surveys
- Cut and clear brush and trees from line of survey with machete, brush hook or chain saw
- Carry instruments, field equipment, hammers, stakes, lathes, hubs, nails, etc.
- Keep survey crew vehicle supplied with equipment; clean and organize vehicle
- Carry out instructions and tasks assigned by Party Chief
- Ability to work outdoors with occasional extended hours.
- Willing to work locally or travel within the state of Texas.
- Must pass background check, drug screening and have an insurable driving record.
- Experience with boundary, topographic, as-built surveys, construction staking, ROW staking, staking electric distribution lines, staking electric transmission lines is a plus.
- Familiarity with GPS and data collection.